COVID-19, the deadly virus that started to spread in Wuhan, China, in 2019, has rapidly changed the global health situation. It is scary, and we need to be more careful about the disease but in the right way. The Internet has many things to tell you, but you should pay attention to only the correct information. Indeed, we know what precautions we need to take to avoid the disease right now. Here I am talking about a few significant and easy ways to keep yourself healthy and prevent any kind of viral infection throughout the year
Maintaining basic hygiene for your good
Good hygiene practice at home and outside reduces the spread of infection and keeps you healthy. We must encourage children to make this habit a part of their daily chores.
- Washing your hands, palms, and between the fingers with regular soap and water for 20 seconds is the primary thing to do every day, especially before and after eating and using the restroom.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth, especially when your hands are not washed properly.
- Try to wash your hand every time you cough, sneeze or use tissue for personal hygiene.
- Never share any spare cups, bottles of water, or food with anyone to avoid spreading viruses or bacteria.
- Avoid public transports as much as possible and opt for walk, drive or cycle.
- Avoid seminars, workshops, AC malls, banquets, and stay at home or at least well-ventilated places.
- Always keep a good hand sanitizer in your handbag to use when you do not have soap or water around.
- Let children play with had toys that can be washed easily every time.
- For sneezing or coughing, always use a tissue and dispose of it immediately after using it. If you are not able to use tissue right away, use your elbow to cover your mouth
- If you are sick, avoid going outside or in the crowd to slow down the spreading process of viruses or bacteria.
- Consider having multivitamins prescribed by the doctor to maintain a sound immune system.
- Get plenty of Vitamin D in the early morning, which is necessary for good health.
- Get a good amount of a minimum of 8 hours of sleep to keep the excellent immunity intact.
- Practice the age-old process of ‘Namaskar’ to greet people instead of shaking hands or kissing. This Indian culture process is always a hygienic and scientific yoga posture that has numerous positive benefits.
Maintaining important food habits along with regular diet
Adding some essential anti-viral foods to our daily diet can make our body more muscular and resist any kind of viral or bacterial infection. Therefore, an average healthy person can benefit by having some organic inclusion in the daily food chart.
- Choose rich, colorful foods and fruits which has more antioxidant properties.
- Take beans and soya to maintain your protein balance.
- Citrus fruits like orange, tangerine, lemon, or lime help fulfill Vitamin C deficiency which can avoid having cough or cold at any season. It increases the production of white blood cells, which is the key to fight any infection.
- Broccolis are full of Vitamin A, C, and E with essential minerals, making them a powerhouse of nutrients.
- Garlic has substantial health benefits like lowering blood pressure and boosting up the immune system.
- Ginger is found in every household, and it helps lower cholesterol levels. It also helps to reduce nausea and chronic pain.
- Spinach has numerous antioxidant properties, which help to boost immunity and increase the infection-fighting ability.
- Green Tea and Black Tea have a potent antioxidant property called flavonoids which enhance immune function. A daily sip of tea can give freshness, and the hot water keeps the virus down inside the body.
- Ripe papaya has a decent amount of Vitamin C and B with a digestive enzyme with an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Avocados, dark leafy greens, and sunflower seeds are full of nutrients, including phosphorous, magnesium, Vitamin E and B-6. It has antioxidant elements which boost the immune system.
- Turmeric is the familiar yellow-colored bitter tasted spice that is used in almost every food. With its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, it kills numerous germs and heals wounds faster.
If we maintain a few of these good habits in our daily life we can make sure to be one step ahead of fighting the unknown viruses and germs not only during Corona attack but also with any kind of viral or flu diseases.