COVID-19, the deadly virus that started to spread in Wuhan China in 2019, has rapidly changed the global health situation. It is scary and we need to be more careful about the disease but in the right way. The Internet has many things to tell you but you should pay attention to only the right information. It is quite sure that right now we know what are the precautions we need to take to avoid the disease. Here I am talking about a few major and easy ways to keep yourself healthy and avoid any kind of viral infections throughout the year.
Maintaining basic hygiene for your good
Good hygiene practice at home and outside reduces the spread of infection and keeps you healthy. We must encourage children to make this habit a part of their daily chores.
- Washing your hands, palms and between the fingers with regular soap and water for 20 seconds is the primary thing to do every day, especially before and after eating and using the restroom
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth especially when your hands are not washed properly
- Try to wash your hand every time you cough, sneeze or use tissue for personal hygiene.
- Never share any spare cups, bottles of water or food with anyone to avoid spreading of virus or bacteria
- Avoid public transports as much as possible and opt for walk, drive or cycle.
- Avoid seminars, workshops and AC malls and banquets and stay at home or at least well-ventilated places
- Always keep a good hand sanitizer in your handbag so that you can use it when you do not have soap or water around
- Let children play with had toys which can be washed easily every time
- For sneezing or coughing always use a tissue and dispose of it immediately after using. If you are not able to use tissue right away, use your elbow to cover your mouth
- If you sick, avoid going outside or in the crowd to slow down the spreading process of virus or bacteria
- Consider having multivitamin prescribed by the doctor to maintain a good immune system
- Get plenty of Vitamin D in the early morning which is necessary for good health
- Get a good amount of a minimum of 8 hours of sleep to keep the good immunity intact.
- Practice the age-old process of ‘Namaskar’ to greet people instead of shaking hands or kissing. This Indian culture process is always a hygienic and scientific yoga posture which has numerous positive benefits.
Maintaining important food habits along with regular diet
Adding some basic anti-viral foods in our daily diet can make our body stronger and resist any kind of viral or bacterial infection. A normal healthy person can be extremely benefitted by having some organic inclusion in daily food chart.
- Choose rich colourful foods and fruits which has more antioxidant properties
- Take beans and soya to maintain your protein balance
- Citrus fruits like orange, tangerine, lemon or lime help to fulfil Vitamin C deficiency which can avoid having cough or cold at any season. It increases the production of white blood cells which is the key to fight any infection
- Broccolis are full of Vitamin A, C and E with important minerals which makes it a powerhouse of nutrient.
- Garlic has a strong health benefit like lowering blood pressure and boosting up immune system.
- Ginger is found in every household and it helps lower cholesterol level. It also helps to reduce nausea and chronic pain.
- Spinach has numerous antioxidant properties which help to boost immunity and increase the infection-fighting ability
- Green Tea and Black Tea have the powerful antioxidant property called flavonoids which enhance the immune function. A daily sip of tea can give freshness along with the hot water keeps the virus down inside the body.
- Ripe papaya has a decent amount of Vitamin C and B with a digestive enzyme which has an anti-inflammatory effect
- Avocados, dark leafy greens and sunflower seeds are full of nutrients including phosphorous, magnesium, Vitamin E and B-6. It has the antioxidant elements which boost the immune system
- Turmeric is the common yellow coloured bitter tasted spice which is used in almost every food. With its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, it kills numerous germs and heals wounds faster.
If we maintain a few of these good habits in our daily life we can make sure to be one step ahead of fighting the unknown viruses and germs not only during Corona attack but also with any kind of viral or flu diseases.