With all the everyday foods kids have for whole weeks, there must be something delightful for their weekends. Store-bought desserts can not compare to what you make from scratch for your munchkins. A chocolate mug cake with lots of berries is a perfect one to bring that priceless smile to their face.
- Flour – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 5 tbsp.
- Fresh Berries (can use frozen) – A handful of mixed berries
- Chocolate chips – 3 tablespoons (small chips)
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 tbsp. + 1/4 tbsp.
- Oil/Butter – 1 tbsp..
- Granulated Sugar – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- A microwave safe mug
HOW TO DO IT
- Spray inside the mug with vegetable oil if you want to unmold the cake and separately from the mug.
- In the mug, add some berries, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp of flour, and mix them well. Cover the mug with a paper towel t avoid splatter and microwave for 30 seconds in high. Let the berry juices melt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and oil to the dry ingredients and mix well to avoid any air pocket or lump. Stir in more than half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter over the berry mix in the mug and decorate with chocolate chips over it for some extra Choco flavor.
- Microwave for another 40 seconds, but it is better to check in between every 15 seconds if the cake is made with a toothpick. (As the cake won’t take much time, you should not feel restless to do it!
Enjoy the cake with your little ones and feel the warmth of happiness!
You can check out my Instagram for more pictures regarding baking and recipes.