Hair butter is originally the organic and essential oils and unrefined butter. It acts as a sealant that protects hair strands from moisture loss due to weather, chemicals, and the environment. The butter, which is beneficial for hair like shea and cocoa butter, and the oils like avocado, castor, and coconut oil are incredibly moisturizing for hair combine with hair butter. This combination gives unruly curly hair protection against dehydration and dryness.
Difference Between Hair Butter and Hair Moisturizer
Some confusions about hair butter and hair moisturizers in some curly women at the beginning of their CG journey. Some of the fundamental differences between both of them are:
- Hair butter is thick and almost solid, almost similar to the butter you keep in your fridge. Hair moisturizers are less thicker and more on the liquid side.
- Hair butter is mainly made with carrier oils and does not contain water-based products. Hair moisturizers mostly have water or aqua in their ingredient list.
- Creams or moisturizers for hair are comparatively less greasy than hair butter.
WHEN TO AND NOT TO USE HAIR BUTTER
- If you have dry hair apply it after using a leave-in conditioner.
- If you have dry scalp apply hair butter to your scalp
- Use it to protect your styling, to create a smooth defined look
Do not use it:
- Do not use hair butter with chemical gels that contain harmful sulfates and silicones
- Do not mix hair butter with any other medium, which may cause product build-up
- Do not use hair butter a lot at a time, and it can weigh your hair down
How important is hair butter for curly hair
Super dry or damaged curly hair needs butter, just like dry skin. It adds moisture, reduces split ends, and prevents hair breakage. It gives proper necessary hydration to your curls. It changes the uncontrollable dry hair to delicate, smooth locks.
How To Use Hair Butter
The general way to use hair butter is simple, easy, and effective. You can use this technique for any hair butter unless the brand recommends something specifically for your hair. I will share two processes of applying hair butter for healthy curly hair.
- Clean your hair with a sulphate-free or cleansing shampoo or bar
- Apply your usual moisturizing conditioner
- Apply your leave-in-conditioner (if you use)
- Seal the moisture with few drops of essential oil like jojoba oil
- Apply hair butter and style
- Keep your hair clean and dry
- Use hair butter as much as you need (remember less is more!)
- Add little drops of water in your palm
- Apply the hair butter from mid-hair to the tip
- Keep hair covered with a plastic wrap or shower cap
- Co-wash your hair or wash with a moisturized shampoo
Review on DeYGa Hair Butter
What the brand claims:
” A natural hair butter full of goodness, Deyga’s Hair butter nourishes the hair root and shaft. Its specially formulated ingredients strengthen hair, promote hair growth and leave your hair soft and shiny. Hair butter nourishes your hair with natural proteins and promotes hair growth.”
Why DeYGa Hair Butter is good for curls :
- It is made from natural ingredients
- Nourish the scalp and promote hair growth
- It is best for dry and life less hair
- It prevents hair loss
- It can be used on artificially colored and permed hair
- It is raw, natural, paraben and fragrance free
How to use:
- Scoop a peanut size amount with a dry spoon
- Massage hair and scalp with it
- Leave for 30 mins and wash off
Ingrediants: Raw mango butter, Shea butter, Ylang Ylang essential oil, Virgin coconut oil, Castor oil
Quantity: 100 gms
Price: Rs. 550
Where to buy: Deyga Organics
First of all, it is very thick, and you can hardly scoop with your finger, so use a clean spoon. Use it as per instruction to get the best result. You have to use it few times to get the expected effect on your curls. I use co-wash shampoo or conditioner to wash off, and it prevents rinsing off all the moisture from my super dry hair. It is giving a smooth effect in just three uses for my dry 2b curls.
Will I buy it again?
4/5 ( As it is most suitable for extreme dry hair type)